Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sorry!

Sorry I didn't make a post last night, I got home kinda late.
You see, I was hanging out with that cool kid I wrote about last time.
I'll just call him Spenser. :)
So yesterday, I spent almost the WHOLE day inside. And it wasn't bad, but I was DIEING to get out.
So after getting permission to be out till midnight, I made plans to chill with the AWESOME Spenser.
At first we had a plan to go see a band, but sadly, the two of us are only 18, and the band was playing at a 21+ venue.
So instead, we just went to his house, where I met his mom, aunt and uncle, AND his grandparents.
Tasty right?
So after awkwardly saying hello, we went upstairs to the man cave and just started talking.
And awesomely enough, that's all we did the entire time I was there.
At one point his mom walked in and sat down to watch the last few minutes of the NJ vs. LA hockey game, and then she left.
Spense and I talked about all kinds of things though, and found out we had all the same friends.
Neither of us could comprehend how we hadn't met in the three years I have lived in North Carolina, when we know ALL THE SAME PEOPLE.
And throughout the night we discussed many things, and I had a blast.
I loved being able to hang out with a friend and not feel any pressure to smoke any tree, knowing I can't, and no pressure to do anything sexual.
And I could still talk about drugs with him without getting told I am a terrible person!
It was a PERFECT combination, and when he said that we need to chill more when he dropped me off, I sincerely replied,
"Absolutely!"
Then I got home, and went to bed.
Today I did a couple more job applications, and I went to church with the family.
I didn't even skip out on Sunday School or Relief Society.
And that is a HUGE deal for me.
Then I came home and we had family dinner, made cookies, and watched T.V. as a family.
After the two younger boys had gone to sleep, my aunt, oldest cousin, and I all watched the new Red Riding Hood.
I had to bite my tongue the entire time to keep from giving anything away. XD
And now Spense is texting me, telling me about how he is going to his college orientation and how this chick is being WAY obsessive.
In general, I am doing pretty darn well.
Hopefully the good fortune keeps up.

No comments:

Post a Comment