Monday, June 4, 2012

Shitty Ending To A Fine Day

So today was a good day, until the end that is.
It went like this:
I woke up pretty early and ate some breakfast, watched the part one of the season premiere of Teen Wolf, and went with my Grammy to her doctors appointment.
After that, Grammy and I went to WalMart where I bought a set of tongue rings and some new body spray, and she got a two disc CD set.
After purchasing our items, I treated her to some ice cream from McDonalds.
My small way of showing her I love her and appreciate everything she has done for me throughout the years.
Then we headed to her house where I sat and ate pretzel sticks with her,colored a picture of a cat, and watched some T.V.
When my aunt brought over my little cousin he and I went swimming in her pool.
That was all good fun and all until I decided to put on some goggles.
That was when I saw the dead spider at the bottom of the pool.
My arachnophobia prevented me from getting in the water after that.
Then, to kick up my phobia a little more, a mom who was there tried to splash a dead spider out of the pool, only IT WASN'T DEAD.
So I quickly squished the nasty little thing and continued to sit and chat while her two boys and my cousin played in the pool.
After taking my hair down to try and keep it having some semblance of neatness,I ran my fingers through it.
Feeling a tickle on my hand and believing there would be some hair causing the feeling I looked down to see yet ANOTHER SPIDER.
Needless to say my cousin and I left soon after that incident.
Back and my Grammys house, my cousin and I sat and watched T.V. together while coloring more pictures of cats.
When my aunt, who had gone out to do some errands, returned to get us, I gave my Grammy a loving hug, and off we went.
Picking up my second youngest cousin, we went to a Kangaroo to make use of their summer deal, where if you buy a $7 Roo Cup you get 25 cent refills the rest of the summer.
Noticing how close we were to one of my friends houses, I asked my aunt if I could go and hang out.
When she said okay, I was ecstatic!
At my friends house we sat around and talked and talked, catching up on the last month and talking about different crushes and other girly shit.
Then one of our other friends came over.
They weren't there very long, but it was good to see them, and I started to text them after they left.
A little later, my aunt came to get me and we went home after a stop at Advanced Auto Parts for tail light bulbs.
At home I ate a wonderful peanut butter and jam sandwich and continued my JOB HUNT in my room.
After submitting two more applications I got a text from the friend I had seen earlier today asking if I wanted to hang out.
I said that I would love to but I would need to ask my aunt first.
At 9:30 she finally told me I could go, but that I needed to be home by 11.
So I went outside to wait for my friend.
I sat there for an HOUR texting them asking when they were going to get here, and then, after an hour of "I'll be on my way soon"s, they tell me they aren't coming.
It is already 10:25 at this point, and I have no one close enough to hang out with, so I go and smoke a cigarette out of frustration, and walk back into the house.
I don't understand people.
If you aren't going to go hang out with someone, at least tell them in advance so that they have a CHANCE to make other plans.
Don't beat around the bush.
Don't ignore the situation.
If you're going to blow me off, at least give it to me straight that that is in fact what you are doing.
My aunt is right, I need to find better friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment