Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Damn...

I just got reminded of how close the anniversary of my father's death is.
It's so hard dealing with him being gone.
It will have been ELEVEN years.
That is over half my age.
I was seven years old when he died.
I was angry at one point, when I was told that it was suicide, and not just an accident.
And I have cried on countless nights, missing my Daddy.
He was a country boy.
A military man.
A gentleman.
A boxer.
A pool player.
A prankster.
And a DAMN good father.
He taught me how to ride a bike.
To not be afraid of daddy-longlegs.
How to fish.
We watched The Matrix together.
Played video games.
And every time he made me a bowl of cereal, he would take one piece off the top.
He was a man who loved me more than life itself, and would have done anything for me.
I have even heard crazy stories of how protective he was of women!
He was my Daddy, and no one will ever be able to replace him.
I love you Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment