Thursday, May 31, 2012

Anniversary

When I went to sleep early this morning, I had three things with me.
Two were teddy bears, one given to me by my father's ex at his memorial, and the other one my mother had given me that she had picked up because it is identical, only newer.
The third thing I had with me was my father's Hackey-Sack.
When I fell fast asleep, I dreamed of him. I can't remember the details, only that it was peaceful, and he was there.
Who is to say what comes after death? No one. No one has ever fully died and then come back to tell the tale.
Death is a one way trip.
I believe there is something after death, because to not believe so would contradict what I know.
I have seen ghosts, felt spirits, and talked with those long gone.
If there were nothing after death, none of that would be possible.
Somehow, even with all of that, I don't believe in God.
Not the kind that people create religions around.
I don't know if there is a Heaven or a Hell, or if we will all get judged once we move on.
I do know there is another place though, because I have seen someone go there. A little boy, finally crossing over after being stuck here for a long time.
It is impossible to explain what I saw, but the best way I can think of is that he inverted on himself along a vertical line with a kind of light coming through.
Then he was gone.
Where ever he is, I know that my father, my daddy, is watching over me, and bouncing my baby boy on his knee.
He has his own son, my brother, who died before birth with him, and loves him as much as he loves me.
My father is happy and proud.
I do not believe in God, or the Devil.
I believe in a kind of destiny, but it is one that you can change.
I know that things do happen for a reason, but that doesn't mean that anything is set in stone.
No one has one set path that they must follow, or certain things that they will absolutely do. But things that we can't control, like death, are the things that must happen.
No one can escape the passing of time, or know if a plane will crash, or predict that bomb will fall.
But these things happen.
That is the kind of thing that I believe destiny controls.
Coincidences that we cannot explain.
Moments that changed our lives forever that only happen because of chance.
That is destiny at work.
Maybe I am crazy, or maybe I just understand in a way that others don't, either way these are my beliefs.
I have grown into who I am because of the coincidences and moments I just wrote about. And I know my Daddy is proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment