Saturday, May 12, 2012

Another Day In The Life

So today I slept a lot.
It probably didn't help that I didn't go to bed until around 8 A.M. this morning.
When I finally got up a little bit, Momma took my bro and I to Granpops house.
We were both supposed to carry stuff down from one of the upstairs rooms,
But he told me not to worry about it.
That he didn't need or want my help.
So I'm sitting around feeling like a bump on a log, and fall asleep again.
When we left Granpops house, we went to WalMart.
I decided to sit outside for a minute to smoke a cigarette, and some cute guy asked to bum one.
What was I gonna do?
Say no?
So I give the guy a stogey and I chit-chat with him and his buddies for a couple minutes.
I finally go inside and call Momma asking where she is.
She just tells me to find my brother because she was about to check out.
We weren't getting a whole hell of a lot you know.
So I call bro, and he says he's in the arts and crafts area.
No big deal.
I tell him to meet me up front and then spend 5 mintes waiting for him,
All the while getting texts from Mom telling me to hurry up.
I finally say fuck it and go outside, and Mom was obviously mad.
I don't know exactly what got her into a bad mood,
But my brother was on the wrong side of it.
On the way home, he only dug his grave deeper talking about how no matter what he is getting a gun when he turns 18.
When mom says he can't bring it to her house, he starts saying how he'll just keep it in the trunk of the car he will supposedly have by then
(Paid for by Dad of course.)
And when she tells him she doesn't want that either, he starts saying how it doesn't matter because that will be HIS car.
After arguing back and forth for a little bit, Mom finally breaks.
"You're right ___. You know absolutely everything, and you are never wrong."
I don't know about you, but when I hear ANY woman say that, I know to duck and cover.
My brother though? He wasn't that smart.
He went on about how that wasn't what he was saying but that he knew about this etc.
Again, only digging his grave deeper.
Luckily Mom tends to forgive a lot easier than most, even with her wicked temper.
When we got home and he helped bring in what little groceries there were, all she said was that he had to cook dinner.
While we waited for dinner we watched some T.V., and watched a movie after.
We were all laughing and giggling and having a blast!
Right now things are going all right, though we all sobered up a bit when Mom got on the phone and started talking about Granmom.
And I get the feeling the only reason we were so jovial is because the guy who we are all staying with at the moment,
Let's just call him Brian,
Wasn't here to bitch at Mom or my Brother about anything.
I always hear him when he is talking to Momma, and all I want to do is go in and tell him off.
But I can't do that, because Momma has nowhere else to go right now.
I wish I could help her more, but I don't know how.
So for now, I will just try and be there for her when she needs me.
Cleaning, and talking to her.
Being suppportive.
I hope it's enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment