Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Home Again.

So today I moved out of my friends' house and back in with my family.
I couldn't stand working at a strip club anymore, it was degrading and made me hate myself.
What ended up happening is this:
Last night, my now ex roomate and her boyfriend got into another argument, but for the first time the boyfriend turned his anger towards me. I stayed calm when he did, and he left fairly quickly after that. I then called my mother, who is WAY more like an older sister than my mom, and told her what was going on. I also told her how I hated where I was working, and that I wanted out of that life. She then told me to call my Aunt, who is the closest thing to a motherly figure I have. Ever since I started working at the club it has torn me up that I couldn't tell her anything that was going on in my life. It killed me to have to lie to her, so instead, I pretty much ignored her. Well last night I finally called her. I broke down, crying, telling her everything. I told her how sorry I am for lying to her, and how I hated my job. She cried a little as well, and told me how she didn't condone that I had lied to her or that I was working at a strip club, BUT that if I really truly wanted to get out of that she would help me. I cried some more, and thanked her, and we made plans for her to come get me today.
It wasn't all good though. In choosing to leave, I really hurt my friend/roomate, as well as a couple other people. Because it was so sudden, I didn't even say goodbye to a lot of people I was very close to.
But now I am home. It feels so wonderful to be around family that I know loves me, even if we differ in opinion on a lot of things. I am somewhere I know I am safe, and cared for.
And now I am tearing up.
So I will go now, and get some sleep. Tomorrow is going to be a BRIGHT new day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment